Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Tomatoes And Nancy

Got some water on Suzanne's patio flowers, but it was difficult to manage with her hose. She had said our neighbor, Gordon, was going to do it, but it looked dry as a bone to me.
Headed out after breakfast for cages (for my unruly tomatoes) and quarters (for buses and laundry). Green Thumb had only large cages, so I got some stakes and tied up my three beautiful tomato plants. I actually have some to harvest soon--I'm just a farmer at heart!
Took the bus to meet Nancy at 2685 (hate that name, but like the place). We had planned on 1:00 and I was concerned when she was late. Then she called to say she was lost. After this, that, and lots of travail, I was able to find her. Why was she late? Because I had told her it was on Telegraph Road and it's actually on Loma Vista! Gawd, I can't believe it--I knew it was on L.V., just accidentally repeated the road where I live. Anyway, we finally connected and I treated her to lunch for her birthday. I also gave her some tomatoes I had made myself--well, in a manner of speaking.
While we were eating, who came in but Shannon and Amanda, from Fractured Actors. S. wrote the play I'm in and A.is in it, too. We hugged hello happily, after which Nance and I finished our meal, then she and I went next door to the 99-Cent store. After, I asked her to leave me off in town, which she did. I walked The Promenade, then up to Main, then caught a bus for home.
I didn't put sweetener in my coffee this morning, as I'm going to Von's to have blood work (routine) done. They open at 8:00, an hour later than they used to, and I want to be the first one there.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...