Monday, July 15, 2019

Down And Detergent

Caught up on my sleep and got up at 6:00, which is a good time for me. Followed the usual routine in the morning, then did a load of wash. While it was "doing," I completed some computer items, mostly just the blog, e-mail, and Facebook, and recited my lines, of course. Ellen called and we discussed my Sebastian duties while she and Greg are  in NM.
I often feel a little down on Sundays and yesterday was no exception. It's not that I'm terribly sad, but unless I have something scheduled, I get somewhat melancholy and out-of-sorts. It always seems that everybody else has things to do and people to be with; I think the fact that I didn't walk exacerbates that feeling.
However, I snapped out of it pretty well. Went to WinCo (salmon, lettuce and blueberries) and the Dollar Tree (dish detergent and body wash). As I went up my front walk, I felt something dripping on my ankle. That was odd, as I didn't have any liquid, except--damn, the detergent! Wouldn't you know, I had put it in a cloth bag and it somehow opened. I set the bag down before I realized, but soon saw I had liquid detergent on the table, a place-mat, the bag itself, and the floor. What a chore to clean up, but I finally got it done.
Had a sumptuous dinner of--ta da!--the carrots and oranges wedges I had done in the slow cooker on Friday. I didn't want anything else and since rehearsal was at 5:30, it was too early for me to eat, anyway.
Rehearsal was satisfying, as ever, although Gwen, one of six in the cast, was absent again. She has the smallest part, so that shouldn't be a problem. We went until 7:15, then broke up. This coming week will be dark, then we'll meet again next Sunday at 6, until 8:30 (well, that's better than later).
I've decided to drive to El's in the late afternoon today; will feed kitty, then drive home and get the bus to the widder dinner. Why? Because I want to enjoy a beer with my meal and I made that promise not to drink and drive. No prob.   

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...