Friday, July 12, 2019

Ears, Ellen, And--Damn, I Can't Think Of Another "E"

Followed my usual morning routine: blog, email, Facebook with coffee, then breakfast with more. I re-typed my part of the script, with cues, and will keep it with me.
Scrubbed, trimmed, and seasoned two pounds of carrots, cut into eighths two oranges, and put both into the slow cooker. I'll have that with dinner tomorrow. Nancy called and we had a long talk; will meet for lunch sometime next week. Ellen called to firm up our plans for an early dinner.
Went to the doc's office for my 11:00 appointment to get my ears dredged--ugh, how I hate that sensation; it's not really painful, just horribly uncomfortable. Anyway, it didn't take too long and I hope my hearing has improved a bit. I was weighed with clothes on, including shoes, and was at 129.4. I'll be interested to see what I weigh at the T.O.P.S. meeting, where I'll be shortly.
Stopped at the store on the way home and was happy to see they finally got in the Forelli rice cakes; bought five packages, along with onions, tomatoes, and blueberries. I'll roast the first two today and have it for salad.
El got here at 5:00 after her hair appointment and I suggested a fairly new restaurant called "2686," which is its address on Loma Vista Road.  (That sounds like a good name for a business, but I don't think it is; it's too easy to forget the exact numbers and their sequence.)  We enjoyed it, of course--I could dine in Upper Japip and have a good time with my D.D.--but it because it was so early, we both ordered only appetizers with our drinks (El a soda, her mum a Chief Peak). I was pleased when I was charged only at the Happy Hour price, so the tab was less than ten bucks.
Home and got ready for 7:30 rehearsal. That was, as ever, fun, but very intense. Jeff changed some  blocking and we pretty much followed a stop-and-start mode to work out some glitches. Although that's necessary, it's always tedious for the performers. Didn't finish until 9:30, so didn't get home until almost 10, or to bed until--yoicks!--almost 11. However, I slept like a stone and feel good this morning.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...