Monday, August 06, 2018

My Walks And My Wig

I drove to Kimball much too early, getting there about 6:15. It was so foggy I could barely see three feet ahead and, since the pool isn't open on Sunday, there were only two cars there. I started out anyway and soon, more people came by, so it wasn't a problem.
Got home and made breakfast for Betty and me, then rehearsed my talk, and delivered it to her as audience twice. It went okay, but I still have some brushing up to do.
We knew Betty would be picked up about 1:00, so I asked if she wanted to go to the only thrift store in East Ventura. She did, we went, and Betty bought a pretty top. We then stopped next door at Grocery Outlet and I noticed a small, lightweight cart I thought might be good for Betty to have.  She bought it and thinks it will be very convenient.
Made lunch, we ate, then Robyn came about 1:00.  The three of us chatted for a half hour or so, then they packed up and left for L.A. Betty will stay with them for--how long? When will she go back to Jersey? What happens now? All mysteries at this point.
I immediately drove to the costume place in Oxnard to see if I could get a brown wig, similar to the white one. Nope. Everything they had was young, sexy, and wrong. Can't decide if I should just go with my own hair or try to color the white one. Since it was nearby, I stopped at Whole Foods, although I know Greg doesn't always work on Sunday. I was pleased to see he was there, though, and we had nice visit. Left and made my way back to Ventura. I was determined not to skip my afternoon walk, so after I stopped at home, I drove to town, parked at the library (now  closed; it was after 5:00), and walk to the museum and back.
Had all leftovers for dinner: tuna steak, mushrooms, cauliflower, spinach, and the last of the carrots.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...