Thursday, August 23, 2018

Casa Bella

Yoicks, quite a busy day. Walked Kimball, the usual after, then I went to Target and bought a suitcase. When I got to checkout, I discovered it was $130.00! Good grief. Later, I  found I have a similar sized one, so I took it back.
Packed for the trip to Santa Barbara, then Salinas and Marybeth's funeral. After lunch, drove to town, parked at the museum, walked to the library, read for a bit, then stopped in a shop and bought a blouse. Walked back to the museum to put it in the car, then to Casa Bella, where Nancy had already arrived.
Diane joined us shortly and we had a good Happy Hour talk, fueled by Chardonnay and salmon tacos. We talked and talked and laughed and laughed. I knew Nance and Diane would like each other, and they did. I had invited Carolyn B., also, but she couldn't get there; will join us next week. Skipped dinner, figuring Happy Hour was enough, and just had berries and rice cakes later.
I've decided not to take my laptop on the trip, so will be incommunicado here until late Saturday. I do hope the world will keep turning when it's deprived of my continuing saga...

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...