Friday, August 17, 2018

H & D Toastmasters

Got the Kimball walk in. After breakfast, I did wash, then went out to various supermarkets for grapes, berries, and--an innovation--pears. Talked to Carolyn and accepted her invitation to stay over tonight. The barbecue is at 5:00 and the last train back to Ventura is 7:00, so that would be cutting it short if I went back then. C. assured me no prob, as Finn can sleep on the lower bunk in Claire's room and I can have his. Hey, that's better that sleeping with Calvin, who has big sharp teeth.
Got my train tickets and found I can leave my car there overnight. I hope it's still there tomorrow. Went to Smart 'N' Final to pick up some no-cal salad dressing. Showered and prepared for being Caroline Dudley at Humor &  Drama.
I stayed in the audience for Noreen's ("In My Neighborhood") speech, but ducked out when Raul began his""Mi Padre."  I had left my costume and gear in the luckily large single restroom in the hall and changed there. After I heard Cherie introduce "Mrs. Dudley," I entered, introduced myself in character, then went to the podium and did my thing.
It went over very big, being an innovation and all, although I again wasn't satisfied with my performance. (That may be the key to good acting: always being sure it could be better). Anyway, I received a lot of kudos and my evaluater, Rachel, gave me an enthusiastic review.  I also received the "best speaker" trophy, so that was good.
Didn't get home until 9:00, stayed up watching Frasier and just got out of bed at 6:25, late for me.
NOTE: I probably won't be posting until tomorrow night or Sunday morning, as I won't have my laptop with me in Santa Barbara.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...