Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Carrie And The Classroom

A nice day because it was different from the routine.  Come to think of  it, a lot of my days are different from the routine, which is the way I like them.
Walked Kimball, then went to WinCo for this and that after breakfast. On impulse, I then drove to the cemetery--Ivy Lawn, where Caroline and other Dudleys are buried. Talked to the very nice young woman in the office, she looked up the info, then gave me a diagram and told me how to find their graves, which I easily did.
They have no stone, which surprised me a bit, but do have metal markers. I took pictures of Carrie's and Benjamin's, and of their daughter, Alice's.  The latter's dates are 1882 -1933, which surprised me. I had been given material that said Carrie and Ben were married in 1882, so what gives? Either it was a pregnant-so-better-marry-quick situation or they were married in, say, in January, and Alice was born in the same year, or the info is wrong. I find it interesting and will look into it.
Got an e-mail from Judi of H & D Toastmasters, where I'll be Carrie again tomorrow. She asked what into she should give and I told her to make it a mystery. Gave her a paragraph, but told her to put it in her own words.
As promised, I got to Ellen's school at 2:00. Stayed for a few hours doing all kinds of high level  chores, such as sharpening pencils and numbering erasers. I enjoyed it, though, and was glad to help.  She asked me to come back today, and I will after breakfast.
El had prepared a project for her third graders to tell about themselves by putting objects in a bag, then explaining to the class. She wasn't satisfied with the brown paper bags she had bought, so I volunteered to get sturdier ones.  Went to the 99 Cent store after dinner and got them. 


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...