Friday, August 03, 2018

At Connie's

Walking Kimball, I handed out flyers about my appearance at the county fair on Tuesday.  Home to hone and recite my talk, then had an early lunch and prepared to go to Connie's. She asked  me to be there at 1:00. but I'm not familiar with Oxnard, so left too soon and got there almost an hour early. I knew she wouldn't be home yet, so went to a nearby mall and got some birthday cards.
While I was there, my brother, Jim, called. I was delighted to hear from him because we hadn't touched base for awhile, and it was good to chat. Jim is 93, but still in pretty good shape. I love him so much.
Went back to Connie's, who has a huge corner house with an ocean (or bay) view and a whole guest suite downstairs. There's where I put my costume on, which she liked a lot. She then offered me several Victorian hats and we settled on one with flowers and a bird on it. She also liked my presentation and I was pleased. Connie herself said  she's going to wear a bathing outfit (from the 1910s, I think) and impersonate a local woman who had know President McKinley's wife. The theme doesn't sound to interesting to me, but that's okay.
I told Connie that Steve and Robyn were interested in being in the Maritime Museum thing in February and she asked for their e-mail; I'll see them when they bring Betty today.  Went from there to the supermarket for this and then, went home to put it away, then took off for my town walk. Called El to see if she was interested in going out for dinner, but she wasn't.  Just as well, as I stir-fried myself some excellent raw shrimp.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...