Wednesday, August 08, 2018

Second

I won second place at the county fair contest. I would have been more satisfied with that if there was twenty-five entries, but there weren't; there were three. Connie won first and rightly so, really.
I was just a bit miffed that the microphone was so defective, plus the venue wasn't the best. It was in an open pavilion, next to--actually part of--the baby animal section. Goats and adult turkeys were loudly squawking, and so was the rock band in the next area, and the trains roaring down the track just a few yards away. The truth is, though, Connie was very good. She's done this five times now, so she had a lot of experience.
I was pleased to see that Lolly and Bobbi from T.O.P.S.; Diane and Sue from the park and Diane from Happy Hour and her friend; Fred and Loretta from here, and Lynn, Jan, Sheri, Ken, and others in the Dudley House docent set, all came to see me.
For the first time in about two years, I didn't do either the park or the town walk. However, after the contest, Ellen and I had lunch at the fair, then walked a goodly portion of it, so that may have been the equivalent.  I was determined to eat things I never do anymore, so I greatly enjoyed a corn dog, a glass of 805 beer, and a soft serve ice cream. Later, I even had a sno cone. Those should keep me for another year.
It was 5:30 by the time El dropped me off at my car and left for Ojai. I brought my things in and immediately drove to town, but just to the library--I didn't walk.  From there, I drove to the thrift store in the east end. I had my eye on a kind a bench I'm considering for my bedroom, but can't decide if I want it or not.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...