Tuesday, August 28, 2018

"Crazy Rich Asians" and Lemon y Sal

Had a fun day. Walked Kimball and saw my park pals. After breakfast, I galvanized myself to clean the large vanity and sink, plus finally categorize and file the reams of paper I had accumulated. I put this off for months and it feels good to have it done--until the next onslaught.
After lunch, I drove to town, parked at the museum and walked to the library. Saw branch manager, Tori, and chatted with her for a bit. She's been out for several months after surgery and will retire as of September 7. Went from there down the street to meet Nancy at the Midtown.
We saw Crazy Rich Asians and loved it. Much of the movie takes place in Singapore and I've been to many of the venues, so that was a thrill. I also loved the clothes, the love story, and every damn else thing about it.
Instead of Casa Bella after, I suggested Lemon y Sal ("Lemon and Salt") and we went there for Happy Hour. It was built in 1920 and is beautiful; wonderfully art deco, with a carved wood ceiling, tile, colorful murals, church-like lighting fixtures and so on, just the kind of decor I like.
We sat upstairs on a kind of outside balcony overlooking Main, and it was great. I stuck to beer, Nancy had Chardonnay, and we enjoyed appetizers.  It was so fine to look over the city and the hills and the interesting buildings we could see from an angle different from the usual.
Talked up a storm, as ever, and didn't leave until after 5:00.  Today, I'll meet Diane and Carolyn at Casa Bella, but hope to pursue D. to switch to Lemon y Sal next time.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...