Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Busy Day With An Energy Shield

Gawd, I should be skinny as a rail, considering the running around I do. Walked Kimball, had breakfast, then spent the morning rehearsing my shtick.
Drove to the county center (only about two miles from me) and asked the fair shuttle driver if I could bring my cart and stuff on board. She said she thought so, but now I'm torn about whether to take the shuttle or my car. I figure if I go early enough, I can get in the parking lot and then I'd have a place to leave my clothes after I changed. I'm still not sure which way is better.
Stopped at the Hill Street library branch and took out a book on the making of Casablanca, one of my faves. Picked up some blueberries and a few other things at the supermarket, then met my widder group for lunch at the Stone Fire Grille.
There were just Vera, Gayle, Carolyn, and Greg there, plus a newbie, Pam, whose husband died three years ago; no kids, two dogs. She proved to be a fellow spirit in a number of ways and the good talk and laughs among the six of us was great fun. We broke up about 1:30, I took my groceries home to the fridge, and put on my costume to do my talk in front of the mirror.
Boy, the outfit is so damn hot, but what's worse, the buttons are small and hard to fasten. Also, the hat box Connie gave me for the hat she lent me is much too big for the cart I'm taking. I found a somewhat smaller one I could just fit in on its side, and will use that. Added my boots, the basket with my props in it, and a few other things I want to take. This is just doable--I think--if I load up the cart, take it to the car, then unload, fold it, and re-do when I get there. Geez, I think it's going to be a mess to try to dress there, but I have no choice.
Drove to town after and went to the library. This time, I didn't walk, just read for an hour or so, then took off for home. I decided I had to do a load of wash, so did. When I went to retrieve my dry clothes, Fred and Loretta (the couple I was introduced to by Suzanne) came up and we chatted. They followed me to the laundry place and continued to chat. They continued to talk as we walked back to my place and more or less invited themselves in. Incredibly, they didn't leave until quarter of nine.
I don't dislike these two exactly, but they really aren't my type. Loretta is a constant complainer and even seems to be a bit paranoid (she sees a gangster around every corner), although Fred is a pretty good guy. He mentioned how he set up an "energy shield" around Loretta because she's been having problems at work. This is a protective coating composed of prayer, good thoughts, and certain gestures. Sometimes they need a small one and sometimes large.  Loretta assured me it really works.
AAGH! Oh, well, they're entertaining in small doses, I guess. 

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...