Thursday, August 16, 2018

Classroom and Casa Bella

Flitting around, as ever. Walked Kimball, had breakfast, then showered and took off for Olivelands School and Ellen's third-grade classroom. Got there at 9:00 and spent an hour and a half on various chores, such s stapling notes to bags and tracing figures onto paper, then cutting them out. Left at 10:30 to let El get on with the more complex items.
I had a hassle and a half with Blue Shield of California. It's my understanding that they won't cover a CT scan for me because I'm too old. Talked to a rep and she was going to call, but hasn't gotten back to me yet.  Oh, the hell with it, I'm not anxious to get the damn thing anyway. I did make appointments for the chest x-ray and bone density test, but not until September fifth. I find all this medical stuff a terrific bore.
After lunch, I did this and that, then drove to town. Parked at the library, picked up Stephen King's new book, The Outsider, then walked to the museum. Went upstairs to the research department--a wonderfully serene and mysterious place--and asked if they had The Streets of Ventura. They did, I was delighted to be told, but the material can't be borrowed; must be examined there. I sat for awhile looking it over and will go back another day when I can spend more time on it.
Walked to Casa Bella and went in early; Happy Hour isn't until 4:00 there. Shortly after, Diane came in and we settled ourselves with a Chardonnay each and spinach/avocado dip. We talked and talked; I heard all about Diane's rather wide-ranging travel and romantic life--so different from my paralyzingly mundane background.
We stayed until about 5:30, then said goodbye.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...