Friday, August 10, 2018

Lunch With Nancy, Etc.

Got up late, so walked late, but still got home by 7:05.
I had been feeling stressed because I had a lot of minutia to attend to, especially answering a number of congratulatory e-mails and other messages. Finally got it done and called Connie to tell her I'd return her hat and hatbox after my lunch with Nancy.
I arranged with Fern to greet Toastmaster members on Monday as Caroline Dudley and said I'd do my Caroline thing for Humor & Drama Toastmasters on Thursday. Went to WinCo and several other stores to get supplies before I met Nancy at The Cave at 1:00 to treat her for her birthday.
We both got the cheese platter, plus Chardonnay, and I gave her the paint pallet necklace I had had made for her--she liked it a lot. Stayed until 2:30, then I drove to Oxnard to Connie's.
I was pleased that Connie asked if she could contact me in October for a project to try to get Ventura to back more heritage projects. I also told her of the suggestions two of my friends made about skipping the contest idea and just having it as an informational presentation and she thought that was an excellent idea. She'll suggest it to the V. family, who heads it up.
Went from there to town, parked at the library (which I'd do until the fair is over, then go back to the museum).  Stopped in some shops on my way and bought two tops and a pair of socks.* Read at the library for a bit.
When Betty was here and I took her to Grocery Outlet, I noticed a small, inexpensive cart and suggested she get one. She did and now I decided to do the same. Bought it and was able to fit all my grocery and clothes purchases in.  I find it very convenient and will keep it in the car.
Must leave now for my doctor's appointment at 8:00. It's a physical--ugh, ugh, ugh!
*You could sing this sentence!

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...