Friday, August 31, 2018

Humor & Drama

At Kimball, I ran into Carolyn S. and she and I raved over Crazy Rich Asians. Home, breakfast, crossword, then some chores so mundane I barely remember what they were. I tried to find the CDs of some of my performances, plus family stuff, but couldn't. I know they're all together, but they must be in the closet and it's daunting to even think about digging into it.
Went out to get wrapping paper for Ellen's present plus grilled chicken for my usual salad. Had that for lunch, then went to town.
I parked at Surfers' Point and walked roughly two mile on the bike path, enjoying the gorgeous views. I stopped into the county fair office to say hello to my friend, CEO Barbara Q., but she wasn't in. Drove home and fiddled around until I left for Humor & Drama Toastmasters at 6:45.
The meeting was the usual mixed-up mess; Celina gave the same ice-breaker talk she had at Poinsettia, Fern toasted Dick (a retired radiologist, who's been in Toastmasters for 24 years) and his wife, and John, the egomaniac, talked about his early years in Illinois.
Note: I just got up at almost 7:00. I have T.O.P.S. today, so I may just defer Kimball until later.  I'm pretty sure I've gained, but will keep my nose clean from here on in.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...