Saturday, August 04, 2018

Betty Here

Walked Kimball, then, as usual, dawdled with this and that before it was time to go to T.O.P.S. I wasn't surprised to hear I had gained, in a manner of speaking, and am back up to 128. I don't have a problem with this because it's just equaling out, I think. As long as I stay between 125 and 130, I consider it no problem.
After breakfast, I tidied up, rehearsed, and had lunch before Betty came about 1:30. She was with Robyn and Dex; Steve came in a separate car. I'm not sure why, but she brought an enormous amount of luggage--everything she came to California with. Anyway, they left shortly after and she settled in.
I had a 2:30 color and cut hair appointment, so kept that. I think Mary did a pretty good job, but I wish I had had her take more off, but then I'm never happy with my hair. While I was in the chair, it occurred to me that I should wear a brown, not a white wig, as Carrie, as I was presenting myself as a mother of young children. Will go to back to the costume place.
Home about 4:30 and we chatted a bit. I served dinner of fresh tuna steaks, along with several veggie sides. Because I had had to skip my afternoon walk, I suggested we go into town after, which we did.
We walked only part of my usual, and at a much slower pace. Stopped into a few stores, but didn't buy anything. By the time we got home, it was 8:00. We had some fruit, I watched some of Frasier, but it was a later, less entertaining segment, and I switched to Forensic Files.
Earlier, I had been amused when Betty asked if I could record Jeopardy. No, I don't have that and have no desire to get it. People have asked if I don't sometimes have conflicts--I have to go out when my "favorite programs" are on, say.  But aside from Frasier, which concluded its run fourteen years ago, I don't have any favorites. Once in a while, if I stumble across Small World, maybe, I might watch something else, but generally, it isn't a big part of my life. It's a tool for placidity and I just use it to empty my mind at the end of the day.  

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...