Thursday, August 30, 2018

Happy Hour Wednesday

Walked Kimball very early and was home by 7:05. I don't eat breakfast until 8:00, so I did this and that on the laptop until then. After, I continued the this and that stuff. In truth, I don't quite remember what I did, so it must not have been of much interest, even for me. After lunch, I took off for town. Parked at the museum, walked to the library, read for a bit, then met Diane at Casa Bella at 4:00. Nancy and Carolyn came soon after and we commenced our Happy Hour.
We had a good time, as ever. I stuck to beer, Nancy and Diane had Chardonnay, and Carolyn just sparkling water "because I'm driving." (Frankly, I can never understand this. If I'm eating and have a single glass of wine or beer, I have no problem driving home. I think people have been programmed to believe a mere sip of booze is going to send them into an alcoholic coma or something. That strikes me of symptomatic of the "be afraid, be very afraid" syndrome that seems to have gripped the whole country since 9/11.)
Anyway, I proposed that next Wednesday, we meet at Limon y sal* for Happy Hour instead--it's less expensive and the appetizers are better. We left about 5:30, I walked back to the car, then drove to the thrift store down my end of town. Bought a beautiful ceramic fruit compote, plus two baskets (I'm a sucker for baskets), all at the fifty percent off sale. Okay, I need them like a hole in the head, but they won't break the bank, so what's the harm?
*I misspelled the name of the restaurant yesterday; it's "Limon y sal," in Spanish, with an accent mark over the "o." Means "lemon and salt."

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...