Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Widder Dinner

Kimball yes, town no. I didn't fo the latter because I had an EMERGENCY DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT AT 3:00!
Okay, it wasn't exactly an emergency; I had had a crustiness on my eyelids for a few days, something like what we used to call "sleepy dirt" when the kids had it. Consulted the Great God Internet and was told to use warm compresses and baby shampoo. I did, but sporadically, so thought I'd just drop into my ophthalmologist and get his take on it.
Yeah, sur-r-r-e. I called and found I had to get an "authorization" from my primary; I assume that's the same as a referral. Went to the primary, saw the NP, she pronounced it conjunctivitis; prescribed drops, plus warm compresses, and--I think, but must consult the material--also the baby shampoo. Didn't need to see the eye doc, after all. Went to CVS for the prescription, all set to rant and rave at the cost--and paid $1.61.  Stopped at the store for a few necessities, made an appointment for a manicure tomorrow, jumped in the shower, and took off for the widder dinner.
There were eight of us, including Donna, back from her fabulous honeymoon in Italy. I guess that technically means she's now considered a guest, but nobody's that picky. A new person, Dede, was there, and what a blast. She's a friend of Greg's, who was also there (his young wife died only five months ago) and we had a full-ranging discussion which included politics, pacifism, and Stripper Zombies, a movie Dede is promoting (don't even ask).
During dinner, Betty called and I was delighted to hear her say she now favors the terrific place Carolyn found her to live when she moves here--yay!  Now all that remains is to clear her house, add furniture (it will be sold furnished), put it on the market, and she'll be a Californian. Easy-peasey, now that the former huddle is cleared.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...