Wednesday, August 22, 2018

This And That

Kimballed and so on, then attended to chores and errands. Wrote to CC to get Sue D.'s address; she's in Poinsettia Toastmasters with me and her mother just died, so I want to send her a note. Stopped at WinCo for lettuce and oranges. Wrapped my precious little grandson's present and put it in a large cardboard envelope from the post office itself. When I got to the p.o., I was told postage would be thirty dollars! AAGH!  Luckily, the clerk pointed out other envelopes, one of which I was able to get the present into and it was only fourteen bucks. I hope, hope, hope it gets there by September 9, his fifth birthday, the little angel. Spent some time cutting sweet peppers and mushrooms to add to the onions I had already sliced, readying all to stir-fry for dinner. Salad lunch, of course, then I took off for town.
I parked at the museum, but walked to the promenade, then to the library from the Crown Plaza, then back to get my car. I figure I probably added another half mile to my former distance, so two miles, and I was pleased with that.
E-mailed Carolyn (yet another Carolyn, this one from the widder group) about possibly meeting Diane, Nancy, and me for Happy Hour today at Casa Bella.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...