Monday, August 13, 2018

Ojai Afternoon

Walked Kimball and ran into Carolyn and Bob. C. expressed concern because "We didn't see you for two days." (Didn't walk Friday and was early Saturday.) "We were worried about you."
Now why does something like this annoy me? I suppose because it suggests helplessness and inability to take care of myself. I said, "Aha, you thought I was dead on the bathroom floor, didn't you?"  Bob at least made some kind of silly rejoinder, but Carolyn was actually shocked. She seems to have no sense of humor, but a much too fully developed kind of stodginess.
That's unlike my girl, Ellen, who's anything but stodgy. Got over to Ojai and her place at noon and just as I got out of the car, niece-in-law, Robyn, called to discuss plans for getting to Marybeth's funeral in Salinas. It's pending. I mentioned I'd like to meet Betty for lunch one day at Union Station in L.A., but that kind of evolved into possibly meeting her at the Burbank station and Robyn maybe coming along. This would be on Friday, the only day I now have open.
El asked if I'd be available on Tuesday to help her a bit preparing her classroom for Thursday and sure, I am. I'll do the scut work, such as counting pencils and straightening up.
We went to Sea Fresh for lunch. Sat outside and I had a po' boy fried oyster sandwich (so-so) and a Sapporo Japanese beer (excellent, as ever).  We then drove to the Kristimundi Center and gathered a few oranges, but it was so hot, we didn't stay long. Went back El's to chat for bit; left about 5:00, not stopping in town for my afternoon walk.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...