Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving

Pleasant, low-key Thanksgiving.  Betty got here about noon and we left for my friend's at 2:00.  We, she, and hubby were joined by his brother, and we had appetizers and good talk.  Brent is an accomplished singer--bass--and I've seen him in a number of productions.
Ate early--about 4:30--sitting down to a sumptuous meal, of course. The turkey was particularly good--moist and tender--and the sides tasty.  My pie turned out very good and we all enjoyed that.
Betty and I left soon after dinner and managed to beat the heavy traffic home.  Now we're up--it's after seven--and are planning to go to John and Sonia's for breakfast.
Great anticipation for later today:  I'll drive back up to my friend's and see my grandson and his family.  Can't wait to see the boys!

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...