Monday, November 24, 2014

Tuesday

Oh, ho, I made up for lazy Monday by buzzing around on Tuesday. Went to Manahawkin, first picking up my sunglasses at the county office where I had left them; then got various and sundry at Shop-Rite; stopped at Wal-Mart for an item; went to the SOCH thrift story for something; finally, stopped at A.C. Moore to get small gifts for birthday people.  Home for lunch, I pared and sliced my carrots, added some orange pieces, and put them in the slow cooker.
Went over after to Acme for apples (I always make the pie for Thanksgiving), lemons, and oranges.  I like the big navel ones, although I suspect they're less sweet than Valencias.  I have half for breakfast, plus cottage cheese on pumpernickel.  Remembering when I used to buy them three for $1.99, I was annoyed to see they were a buck each.  Bought them anyway, but geez, prices seem to be climbing--and not by a penny here and there--all the time.
Family news: My granddaughter-in-law just posted on Facebook that she is now a wedding officiant--wow!  She has already performed two weddings for friends.  I commented that if I ever get married again, I want her to officiate.  Hey, if ship captains and pedophiles can do it, why not Noelle?
Now off I go for my stress test--gulp!

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...