Thursday, November 13, 2014

Insurance and Stuff

Went to the three-mile and boy, could I feel the months of non-participation.  This was grueling; I even had to stop for a few beats here and there, but it was finally over.
Pared and cut up turnips and carrots and put in the slow cooker, then drove to Shop-Rite for supplies.  It was jammed--dunno why on a Wednesday, but maybe a storm is brewing.  If so, I don't want to know.
My friend came at 3:30 and shortly thereafter, Ann R., the health insurance rep, joined us  It was a long session, close to two hours, and after the smoke cleared, the upshot gave me two choices: I could pay $73 more per month and get a lousy policy that covers little, has astronomical co-pays and a very high deductible or I could pay $180 more per month ($2160 more per year) and get a slightly less lousy--but still lousy--policy.  My friend leans toward the latter, but will "discuss"--electronically--the question with the three other most important people in my life, and advise.
As for me, I'm numb.  I can't even work up my customary rage against the unholy alliance--government and big health--that rob people blind and make them think it's a good thing.
Rehearsal went okay, except for the fact that Desi sat on stage the whole time, even when he was supposed to get up to the microphone.  I'm going to send out an e-mail to my cast and add a general admonition about that to all.
I have to go to the dentist this morning for teeth-cleaning and had told my friend I'd go the farm.  Hope my car makes it.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...