Friday, November 14, 2014

Teeth and a Rehearsal

Shortened our walk just a bit, so I could have a bite before the teeth-cleaning appointment at 9.
As for this, no big deal, I guess, but I have an inordinately powerful dislike of any dental procedure and certainly, this was no exception.  However, it wasn't too terribly bad and I thought I got off easily until...
...the dentist walked in and said we'd take care of that cavity now.   Wha--what cavity?  The one in my front lower tooth that was hardly noticeable, but needed to be filled because it's a food trap.
Okay, okay, ya got me.  Dr. Lee, a nice young man and very gentle, did the deed and, although uncomfortable, I stood it and now it's over.  Cost  me $177, but compared to last month's $365, I grinned and bore it.
Picked up Aline and we sped up to the farm. Got turnips, carrots, sweet potatoes, beets--I love the root vegetables--plus lettuce, Swiss chard, spinach, and a few other greens.  I put Aline to work checking the whiteboard, and fetching the veggies, as I did the same, and we finished in about an hour.
Went to my friend's to leave off her produce, chatted with her husband, then I took Aline to Tooties, the little luncheonette in New Egypt.  She loved it and so did I.
Zipped home, showered, and changed into my "lady of the nineteen-thirties" costume, went next door to Frank's, picked up Aline and went to dress rehearsal.
Aside from the usual snafus, it went well, but I didn't get home until after 10:00, then stayed up with popcorn and wine until almost midnight.  I had planned to just "sleep in," as the silly saying goes, but Mike called at 5:45, thinking it was an hour later.  Ordinarily, I'd be up by then, anyway, but I wasn't this time.  Just got a glimpse and a word from adorable V. and V., but he'll call back at 8.  I hadn't intended to walk, but since I'm up, might as well.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...