Monday, November 17, 2014

Matinee

I'm late with this because I just went for a blood test in preparation for my--gulp!--stress test next week.
Yesterday's matinee was probably the best of our three performances; too bad it was the last of the run.  Aline's and my bit was well-received and my exchange with "Frank, the announcer," went nicely, too.
After, we had to strike the set, which took about 45 minutes.  Frank had driven Aline and me, but wasn't going to the party, so I asked him to drop us at home, so I could change out of my costume. He did so, and we left shortly for the H.'s.
Wonderful spread: not just nibbles, but sausages, macaroni and cheese, and a potato dish in slow cookers, as well as rolls, veggies, and all kinds of other sides.  They also, of course, had just about any wine, beer (I drank only a Blue Moon), and soft drinks one might fancy, plus an array of desserts, including cheesecake, brownies, and chocolate chip cookies.  We stayed until almost 9, then I took Aline home.  Unusually for me, I went straight to bed.  I had told Susan I would resume walking tomorrow, so ran over to get the blood test.  Will now go to exercise, virtuous gal that I am.  

No comments:

Sunday And Susan

A fairly busy morning and lots of contacts--to wit: --Former tenant, Susan, texted that she'll be near my house, turn on the outside wat...