Sunday, November 30, 2014

My Boys and Girls

Shortly after I walked in yesterday, I was glad to get a Skype call from Singapore.  Saw V. and V. fleetingly, but was most concerned about their Dad, Mike, who had had surgery on his nose.  Happily, the cancer has been excised and he seems to be doing well, although he had two budding black eyes.  We chatted for a time, then said goodbye.
Got a call from the health insurance rep and told her I'll accept the damn new contract, highway robbery though it is.  She'll come over around noon today, Sunday or not.
This morning, I had no sooner sat down here at 5:30 than I got a Skype call from the angel in Tokyo.  He's such a little precious! His hair has gotten a lot darker and it was sort of plastered down on his forehead so he looked like an adorable little Alfalfa from the twenties' "Our Gang" ensemble.  He greeted me with big smiles and "Nana!" repeated several times, then displayed a bit of temper when he was unable to do something or other.
Such fun to have seen all my sweet boys and girls, over just a few days...and I have a working car, to boot!  

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
You're gonna love your Acura-- great car new or old.

Mimi said...

Pat, THANKS for commenting about the Acura. Considering my nervousness when driving my former bomb (although it was a good car over eleven years), all I really wanted was reliable wheels. Glad to read your assessment.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...