Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Busy and Rehearsal

Okay, I'm back in the fight!  I hadn't gone to exercise for--oh, six or nine months or so--but galvanized myself to go yesterday for the two mile.  I intend to keep it up, too.
Besides, I got lots done: changed the sheets on my bed, vacuumed, clean up in the kitchen, and shifted stuff in the garage. More than that, I packed up my car with stuff that hadn't sold at the flea markets and took it over to the thrift store.
My friend came at lunchtime to bring my farm produce, we ate, and she did a few little things for me, including moving the bookcase from the guest room into the garage.
After she left, I prepared Swiss chard, which is pretty tedious.  You have to cut out the tough stem that runs down the middle, wash it over and over, then roll up the leaves and cut them in strips. Frankly, I'm not so sure the chard is worth it.  Friend also brought "spicy lettuce," plus some nice turnips, carrots, and--yay!--sweet potatoes.
Still busily scooting around, I had my car washed and when I got home, parked in the driveway and I, myself, little me, used the dirt devil and cloths to clean the inside.  I also swept the garage and moved some stuff around.  I'm on a roll!
The only lousy part of the day was when I read Rick Mellerup's write-up about Listen to This! in The Tuckerton Leader.  He included that Tonya is directing "The Blind Beggar Dies."   No-o-o, Ricky, I'M directing it.  I had given him a sheet with that information on it, plus the whole cast (nine of them), so I'm a tad annoyed, especially as he thanked me heartily for it.  He also carelessly misread Grey's name; it appears in the paper as "Greg."
Rehearsal limped along last night--I still think the show is much too long, but the hell with it.  There are some funny bits and I'm not even going to think about the rest.
My FELS acting course is today and I'll be picking up Aline at 9:00.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...