Thursday, November 06, 2014

Rehearsal

Cut up, seasoned, and slow-cooked the big cauliflower I had bought the day, and ate half.  Still not veggie-sated, I also had the Brussels sprouts.
Went to Manahawkin Mattress to look again at the full mattress. He seems to have the best deal, so will probably buy there.
Frank picked Aline and me up for rehearsal at 7:00.  We wore our costumes (just thirties clothes) and Rick was there. He took some pictures, but left before our after-intermission time, so not mine. Fine by me, as I don't like having my picture taken.
Jim brought his sound effects, which are wonderful, including a large, very authentic-looking electrical sign with "ON AIR" on it. Mary handled the background music, actually playing it on an electric keyboard; I'm not sure how that will work, considering she's in Shadow, which I'm directing.
Mary H. distributed handouts.  She has us doing ten commercials, with several players involved in each, plus the two ads incorporated into Shadow and Husband.  A lot of us think that's much too many and I'll go further:  I think the show is too long.  We didn't get out of there until well after ten and we didn't even pause to approximate a real intermission.
In my opinion, a show with just three "radio program episodes," plus maybe five or six added "commercials" would have been considerably better than what we have.  I don't see the advantage in two Husband programs, plus so many commercials.  Better to have people saying, "I wish it had been longer" than "Is this thing ever going to be over?"  I'm mulling over whether to send Desi and the H.'s an e-mail to that effect.


        

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...