Monday, November 03, 2014

L. to T. Rehearsal

Susan is back and we took our usual 7 am walk.  The end of DST fit in nicely, as I awoke spontaneously at 5:00, just a bit before I like to get up.
We had been e-mailed by Desi that we should arrive at rehearsal dressed in our thirties/forties wear, because Rick M. would be there to take pictures for The Sandpaper.  Accordingly, I put on my thrift store dress, added a hat with veil that had been my mothers, went heavy on the red lipstick, and took off with Frank to the Community Center.
Well, confusion reigns supreme at the Little Egg Theatre Company (and every other such group I've ever known).  Rick was there, but he expected to take pictures of Jim with the sound effect stuff. Because Jim and Mary are in Houston, that would be difficult. Anyway, Rick will come back on Wednesday evening.
Rehearsal went fairly well.  Personally, I think two many "programs" are included.  I see no reason why two My Favorite Husband episodes are scheduled.  Besides, there are too many commercials and the whole thing just goes on too long.
My cast is okay, I guess, but there are some problems.  Bob is still just hopeless and after coaching him individually twice, I'm just going to have to accept that.  Chuck comes across as simply reading and Frank--well, he does, too.  George was okay as "Singing Jim," but too folksy as "Dugan, the pool hall owner."  I'm going to send some strong directorial notes via e-mail.
Cold, cold, and fierce winds.  Damn, I hate winter.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...