Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Good News

"No significant blockage."
Happy day, the news is good after my stress test:  The doctor called a few hours after I got home to say the words above.  Guess the ordeal was worth it, after all.
Ordeal?  Yes, I worried and fretted over it.  I was sure I'd be asked to walk the treadmill for some long period and I'd feel the unpleasant racing of my heart--.
No such thing.  The only tedious part was having to recline with my left arm over my head twice for fifteen minutes each.  That got uncomfortable, but it wasn't too bad.
My friend took me and stayed the whole time.  Actually, I probably could have done it alone, but I wasn't sure.
After the call came, I drove to Manahawkin--just for a drive to clear my head; didn't even get out of the car.  Home, I conceived the notion of taking the wicker porch furniture (a love seat, two chairs, and a table) out of the garage and putting them in the guest room.  I managed all but the love seat; I'm picking Aline up for breakfast today, so will ask her to help me move that.
I was delighted to get an invitation from Tonya to go caroling at area rehabs and nursing homes on December fifth and fourteenth. The latter will be followed by buttered rum at Jim and Mary's.  You bet I'll be there both times and I'll sport my Aunt-Julia-bar-floozy hat.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Great news Rosemary---all that walking has kept your vessels clear.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat. What about you--have you ever had a stress test?

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...