Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Second Post for September 3, 2014

My twin sister's youngest child, Jay, took his own life on September 3, 2004, at the age of 31.  His sister, my beloved niece, Carolyn, put this on her Facebook page today.  I can't read it without tears, but it's beautiful and terrible and I wanted to share it here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Has it been ten years? 
My brother used to walk among us. He was in the folds. He was in the fabric. He felt the pain of two degrees and imitated burly dogs barking for attention. He had a nice laugh and a quirky smile that was often meant for someone unseen.
Coming into a defective world, he strived to adjust…to regulate…to normalize. He felt his accomplishments were few, not matching the received praises. Did he see us all? We were there wishing and hoping and loving. You were there too.
Now and then, I look for him in warm breezes. In cold, foggy nights. In the depth of the ocean. I don’t know where he is. It is not easier.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, yes, I know he rests in peace, but those who loved him will never know absolute peace again.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...