Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Sorting Pictures

Aagh, aagh, groan, gasp, o-o-oh-h-h...
I did an incredible amount of labor on Labor Day--no joke.  I went through and organized the many, many (there were actually only four) boxes of photos I mentioned before.
Now this isn't a matter of glancing at a few and tossing or not.  For one thing, they were in no order at all: I'd pick up a handful of pics from grandson Joel's wedding to Jen and find interspersed among them Baby Joel in his bath, teenager Joel pitching ball, Joel riding the merry-go-round, Joel going to the prom, and Joel, the present 32-year-old father.  Not such a big deal?  It is when the other pictures in the box are of family members, friends, enemies, people I don't know, dead people, live people, old and young people, grand doggy and grand kitties, Hong Kong next to Ventura, Ventnor following Singapore, Tokyo and Little Egg Harbor--gaaaaa!
Well, I tossed about two thirds of them, I'm afraid.  I filled three largish trash bags--could barely haul them to the trashcan--and had to force myself not to go back and retrieve any.  Darn, Joel's mother surely has as many pics as I do, and probably duplicates.
I did sort out a few to give sister Betty of her family, others for friends, which I'll send them, and a few older ones I'll deal with when I get to the--ugh!--bench that's full of family memorabilia.
I also dragged the rattan chest into the guest room and did a number of other getting-ready-for California tasks.  Roasted chicken, went to the store, and did a lot of computer stuff, including adding my lady desk to Craig's List.
Unfortunately, I thought I had a problem I don't even want to describe, but suffice it to say (oh, come off it, Mimi!), I took the Picasa icon off my screen and now can't get it back the way it was.  Appealed to sons and one wrote back with what to do, which worked, except it didn't get my pics back with the same configuration and listings. It's so damn frustrating!  I know I can do something simple to restore it, but I just don't know what.  Tokyo son said I should take a basic computer course and I would if I could, but I don't know where there are any.
Okay, okay, I'm going to simmer down and forget all this.  Aline and I are leaving shortly to go to the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...