Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Out of My Funk

Hey, things are looking up and I'm out of my funk.
Got a call in the morning from a guy all the way in Bridgeton who had seen my armoire on Craig's List (I listed it weeks ago) and was interested.  He and his wife drove down--they're a nice, forty-something couple, John very large, maybe 6'2" and seriously overweight, Vanessa pleasant and friendly.  The armorie was just what they wanted and they paid full price.  It took the combined efforts of both of them, plus Bob across the street, sweating and straining, to get the huge thing into John's truck, but they finally did.  They drove off and I counted my cash gleefully.
Even better was that Desi called to tell me he was happy with the info on old radio shows I sent him and we discussed our upcoming production.  It seems we're going to do Sorry, Wrong Number first, with Ellen V. directing, but that's very short.  (I saw her production a few years ago when Frank and Barbara D. and I went up to her Rancocas location.)  We needed more content and Desi and I discussed it, settling on The Shadow.  He asked if I could find scripts for it and I did, right off the bat.  I sent him the links for some; should be great fun to do.
Talked to Aline at length, e-mailed Stacey back and forth, and consulted Neil G., who's playing the male lead of Captain Von Trapp. The upshot was that I withdrew from The Sound of Music. It just isn't worth it to me to drive back and forth to Barnegat and LBI sixteen times for rehearsal and pay sixty bucks for the privilege. Stacey was very gracious about it and I'm off the hook.  Now it's up to Aline whether she wants to continue and try to get somebody else to drive.
Called the new-guy garage and was able to get an appointment for tomorrow.  Will ask Susan to take me home.
Managed to laboriously drag over the antique table to fill the place where the armoire had been.  Put the television on it, although it isn't connected.  Re-arranged a few other things in the living room, dusted, vacuumed, and otherwise cleaned the area.
I was charmed by a request from my granddaughter-in-law, Noelle, to proof the little book she has written for my great-grandson, Joel. It just needed a bit of punctuation adjustment.
Was invited by friend, Pat R., to meet her on Saturday at The Greenhouse in Margate, as the class of '59 is gathering and somebody invited her.  Actually, that works out fine, as I'm going to the Players & Playwrights meeting in Ventnor earlier, so will stop in for a drink.
In rapid succession in the evening, I got calls from h.s. pal, Jeanne P. (she and her boyfriend are going to the reunion), grammar school pal, Elva B., my brother, Frank, Aline again, and my friend.  The latter will come on Friday to hook up my television; in the meantime, I'm sure I won't miss it.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...