Friday, September 19, 2014

Back Up

Again, I'm bouncing back.
After dragging around a lot on Wednesday, brooding over the car news, the Morro Castle thing perked me up.
Yesterday, I galvanized myself to deal with a lot more of the never-ending pictures.  Even took my father's huge and damaged graduation picture from Villanova (class of 1918 and I'm not absolutely sure which one is him) and got it trimmed of the excess four-inch surround--it's a lot easier to handle.
Sold my old hair dryer, with box, to Unshredded Nostalgia, and that highway robber, Jim, gave me only five bucks for it.*  He was overstocked with old records; I have Bing and Frankie and others on the big size, whatever it is, but he didn't take them.  Stopped at the Stafford Library to say hello to Aline, who was working, and saw a paper about a flea market by the Ocean Church in October. Called the number to find out more and left a message.
Stopped at Shop-Rite for lettuce and, home, made a big salad.  My friend called to say we'll get yet more tomatoes (she went to the farm without me in light of my car news), which she'll bring today.
Bill G. stopped in to examine my two floor lamps.  He advised me on both, although I may not bother to keep the lesser one; needs a new socket.
Ran into Frank-Next-Door and asked if he'd consider a part in The Shadow, which I'm leaning toward directing.  Yes, he will, so good.
Pat L. called to say hello.  Said her mother visits her often.  Oh, hey, that's nice, especially since her mother died thirty years ago. Geez, I hope nobody who died thirty years ago ever visits me.  Or thirty days ago, for the matter.
After dinner, drove to Acme, then the Little Egg Library.  Aline was there, but was due at a book discussion meeting shortly.  How people can steel themselves to read and discuss--and what's worse, listen to others discussing--books somebody else chose is beyond me, but hey, she enjoys it, so more power to her.
*Remember, Mimi, the aim is to get rid of things, not necessarily make money on them.  Sure, but getting rid of them is twice as sweet if I can make money on them, too!

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...