Sunday, September 21, 2014

Meeting and Gathering

A nice day, but problematic, too...
Nephew Tim sent an e-mail, saying it seemed too long a ride (from Vermont) for such a short time, so he wasn't coming.  No prob and I wrote back that he was welcome anytime.
Left about noon for the Players & Playwrights meeting and all along the parkway, nervously listened to the knock in my engine. It didn't seem too bad, but when I parked at the library and turned it off, I had a window down.  When I tried to re-start, it wouldn't. Went out at intermission and luckily, it caught.
Ernie's play, which wasn't bad, was read, then Linda's, which left me cold.  I had intended to meet friend Pat R. at The Greenhouse in Margate after the meeting at 4:00, but I got bored and decided to leave an hour earlier.
My pal, Grey, walked me out and we had our usual relaxing, occasionally profane, and ever-so-refreshing-because-free-of-the-usual-cliches chat.  He told me he had met a cute young guy and they were supposed to go out for a drink in Cape May, but the guy never showed up.  I said gawd, men are all alike: gay or straight, they don't want anybody their own age, only the younger ones.  He laughed and admitted it.
When I got to The Greenhouse, I was immediately swept up by Carole Wimberg C.  Had a fine time with her and the class of '59 people she introduced me to--I hadn't known a single one of them, as my graduation year is earlier.
Pat R., who had invited me, didn't get there until quite a bit later (she had come with somebody else who had dragged his heels). She graduated in the class two years before this crowd, but actually looks younger than most of the other attendees.  I was sorry that shortly after greeting her, I had to leave to meet my friend, Sandy D., for dinner in Tuckerton.  However, Sandy called to cancel before I got over the Dorset Avenue Bridge.  Just as well, because it freed me to find Betty and we had a nice dinner at a Mexican restaurant on Newport Avenue.
Driving home, the "check engine soon" light went on and boy, was I nervous.  I made it, though, and now I have to decide what to do. I'm leaning toward having a rebuilt engine in.  It'll be expensive, but may make more sense than buying another car.
I had intended to spend last evening reading Grey's book, but I was tired by the time I got home, so decided to wait until today.
Just now, had a lovely virtual visit with the tiny tot, K.; now he's a whole year old and is into everything.  K. does not like to be thwarted and when a fragile mobile was taken away from him, he cried loudly, but not for long.  He's growing so fast and now three teeth--that's going to be hard to top!
 

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Thank you for the compliment Rosemary. Sorry we got there so late which didn't allow me anytime to visit with you. Will have to find another date.
We stopped at Sack o Subs and I was furious that neither Dino's or Sack o subs has the sub makers wear gloves. I never noticed before. The creepy guy separating the meats with his bare hands made me say--I'll never eat there again. Must check White House.

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...