Thursday, September 11, 2014

Lunch And So On

On impulse, I called Betty to see if she could meet for lunch at the Dublinder Pub in Galloway.  Well, sure, and I brought Aline along. I had a good old Irish sandwich--a Reuben--and an icy Blue Moon. Howard and Diana Reed happened to be lunching there, too, and we chatted with them for a bit.
After parting from Betty, we stopped at Santori's for oranges and broccoli, then Shop-Rite.  Took A. home to show her adorable little Poopsie-Poo opening his birthday present, then was happily surprised by finding three more videos with the Sweetest Little Boy in Tokyo.  We both oohed and aahed over them--Aline says she's his Auntie and he's her little boy--then I took Aline home, after which disaster struck.
In the living room, I leaned over to retrieve an empty iced tea glass while holding the mostly-melted Italian ice I was about to eat.  It spilled on on the pale grey room carpet and there is now a large pink/red stain in a prominent spot.  No matter what I applied and how I scrubbed, it wouldn't come out.
Damn, damn, and double damn.  Now I'll never be able to sell my house unless I spend thousands to replace the carpet all along one side of the house.  Woe is me...
Called brother Jim (Virginia) to tell him Pat Bennett, a fellow 1944 HSHS grad, has died.  Had a nice chat otherwise.  Later, brother Frank (California) called and left a message; must get back to him. To complete contact with the brotherly trio, I'll call brother Larry (Florida) to see how he's progressing after the bypass and heart valve thing.
Took the Lipitor-like medication for the first time last night.
 

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...