Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Regular Tuesday and The Sound of You-Know-What

A pleasant day.  Spent the morning dosing my pony-tail plant with a solution I got from on-line to treat for "mildew bugs," or whatever they are, and trimming and shaping the other large plants in the dining room.
Picked Aline up at our usual 12:30 and stopped first at The Home Depot.  I wasn't completely satisfied with the Lowe's guy's answer to how to clean my kitchen tiles ("Pine Sol") and wanted a second opinion.
T.H.D. guy said the tile was imitation ceramic travertine and it was hard to clean because of the pits. (No kidding.) He did recommend something called "Fabuloso," which may--or may not--be similar to Pine Sol.  I didn't buy it because he suggested something else I'm going to try first: He said to dab some oil or grease on a "test tile," add some dust and/or dirt, thereby approximating the kitchen floor, then try hydrogen peroxide, which should get in the pits and foam up.  He said to be sure to test as above first, to ascertain that it didn't discolor or something.  I'll do that tomorrow.
We went to The Olive Garden for lunch and both had the famous $6.99 soup, salad, and bread sticks.  Very inexpensive unless you add a draft Blue Moon at $5:25, as I did, but so what?
Went after to pick up my Lipitor at Wal-Mart.  I had called earlier to find it was ninety bucks for three months, so a dollar a day. Berated myself for not asking the doctor for a generic, but when I got there, found that what I got is a generic.  Just out of curiosity, I asked what actual Lipitor would be for three months; pharmacist checked and it would have cost--get this:
                               NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS.
If there turns out to be a hell, may the pharmaceutical monsters rot in it for all eternity.
Aline and I usually separate when we get to Wal-Mart, then meet at the door.  While I was waiting for her, I ran into Fred D., husband of my dear friend, Marge.  He and I talked for twenty minutes or so; I must call Marge before long.  On the way home, stopped at Graveling Point to view the water, as we often do.
Now, two good things:  I just watched several videos on Google+ featuring adorable grandbaby celebrating his first birthday.  So precious and how lucky his other grandparents are to be an actual, not virtual, part of it!
A-n-n-d-d--found an e-mail from Director Stacey, asking if I was accepting the role in The Sound of Music.  To my knowledge, it hadn't been offered, but of course, I wrote back immediately with an emphatic "YES."  Now I need a rehearsal schedule and what would help a lot, a script.
Aagh! Now scratch the whole damn previous para.!  Aline called just an hour ago  at 6:30 am (no prob, we're both early risers) to discuss a long message from Stacey with cast list, rehearsal schedule, and so.  She received it late yesterday and I never got it!   She and I are listed as "party goers," which as I know from seeing the play a few weeks ago, entails nothing but milling around in a party scene.  That's the role Stacey asked if I was accepting.  I had told Aline I wasn't going to take such a "stand-around extra" part; it just isn't worth the time and effort involved--however, I know she wants to do it.  Guess I'll reluctantly agree, as long as it doesn't require more than one or two rehearsals.  Wrote back to Stacey to that effect.  I'm disappointed I didn't get the housekeeper role, but okay, okay, that's show biz and I'll carry on.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...