Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Stress Test and the Big One-Year-Old

It turned out to be a good day after all.
After what?  After I was so apprehensive about the stress test I thought was scheduled at 3:45.
Spent the early part of the day doing mundane chores--all my chores are mundane--and took a square of my kitchen tile to Lowe's.  There, I was told it's "high-grade ceramic" and I could clean it with Pine-Sol.
Yeah, sure. We paid extra--a lot extra--when the house was being built to substitute this for the kitchen floor provided.  It's very attractive, with its rough surface and pitting; puts one in mind of what might be found in an old Roman villa.  There's only one tiny problem: It's impossible to thoroughly clean.  I looked on YouTube and thought I had found a video about cleaning tile like this, but the guy at Lowe's had no knowledge of it.  Okay, I'll try the Pine-Sol; if that doesn't work, I'll investigate further.
After a few more stops, I went home to shower and dress before my friend came and took me to the cardiologist's in Galloway.  Here, after an echo gram or whatever it was, I saw a nice, young--not too young--resident, then the great man himself, Dr. V.V.
The upshot was that my LSD needs to be elevated or lowered--oh, I know that's not right, but whatever the not-good thing is, is too high--and he prescribed something instead of something else.  Said that as I had no symptoms, we'd hold off with the stress test until December to see if the other medication makes a difference. Whew!  I wasn't going to argue with that.
Home, I kissed my friend goodbye, had a bite, then was delighted to enjoy a very special Breakfast with Baby because he is now ONE YEAR OLD!
While I watched and (what's the most fun, of course), interacted with him, Baby ate, then opened my present, which he seemed to like a lot.  It's a blue plush octopus that plays classical music and says colors when its variegated tentacles are pressed.  His Daddy read the card I sent him and the four of us--that precious little family and me--so far from each other, seemed to be together in fact and not only in imagination.  I'll always be grateful for Skype.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...