Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Blind Beggar Dies And So Did Doris Howell

In preparation for the meeting tonight, I spent a lot of time going over The Blind Beggar Dies.*  Printed it out, then copied lines for various characters so I can get a better feel for it.  Still not sure if I want to direct or not.
Washed and cut up the tomatoes from last week, sliced onions, and diced garlic and put all to simmering in the slow cooker.  Later, I added meatballs and had some with salad for lunch.  Had leftover similar "stew," but with sweet red peppers, browned turkey meat and added it, and had that for dinner. (I'm getting in a rut.)
Changed about 3:00 to go to the viewing for Doris H.  She died a few days ago of emphysema and complications; nice lady, and after Pat died, I gave her some of his things she could use.  We weren't particularly close friends, but I still--as always--feel a sense of loss when someone I know dies.  Lots of Sunrise Bayers there, of course, and I stayed about an hour to visit and chat.  Stopped at the post office after to send off the old pictures to Joan H.
I called Linda K., of Rider HR, to ask if Shirley T., my old boss, still worked there. I was surprised to hear she had retired a year or so ago--no party and I'm not sure why.  Was told she still lives in the same place, so will return that 32-year-old check to her.  Called back the insurance rep., Anne R., and set up a time for her to come and explain the new--and I'm sure, much worse--dictates of the monster that controls our lives.
Called Diane C., who lives next door to Susan and Aline to ask if I could bring my flea market wares to her place when that community has its annual flea market. (S. and A. will be out of time.)  Unfortunately, I found that it's this weekend, so I would only be able to go on Sunday.  Not worth it, and I won't bother.
* Talk about your spoilers!  This is the title, for pity's sake!
 

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...