Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Various Doings and Spiderman

After Susan's and my walk, I saw Barbara-Next-Door leaving.  I wanted to ask Frank to be the announcer in the Beggar show, and she told me to go in.  I did, Frank agreed to the role, and offered me a cup of coffee, so we had a nice visit.  I was surprised to hear he didn't know Lily had died, as she had been a lector* at St. Theresa's and so is he. When I got home, I sent him the link to the script, as well as to the sound effect film.  Sent him separately what Lily's daughter has posted on Facebook.
Went to B.J.'s for oranges and pumpernickel, then to Acme for a lettuce and Brussels sprouts.
Received the temperature gauge I had sent for and, just as I had suspected, the refrig is running too warm, to about 50 degrees. Stopped in at Anchor Appliance for advice and the guy told me to check that the air flow vents from the freezer aren't blocked by items. Looked at the manual and saw I can also turn off, then turn on again--or something--to see if it will remedy itself.
The funny thing is, I haven't had anything spoil lately.  I guess the reason is because I usually keep only certain items in the refrig for more than a day or two, mostly vegetables, iced tea, and condiments.  I rarely have leftovers, either, so I either buy and cook within a day or two, or take food out of the freezer.  A while ago, I bought milk, which I rarely do, and after a few days, it had soured. I was sure it was Acme's fault and was going to take it back, but just threw it out; now I think it probably wasn't.  Damn, I hope I don't have to replace the refrig.
Took a drive in the evening; and found myself at the Tuckerton Library just before the 7:00 free movie.  Started chatting with a couple there, so sat down to see the most recent "Spiderman" (I never did find out the actual name).  Of course, it was full of incredible special effects--trucks flipping over, New York City unelectrified, planes spiraling out of the sky (I could have done without that), and was mildly engaging. However, I got antsy after two hours and ten minutes, and left.  Never did find out if the girl came back to life or what ultimately happened to Spidey.    
*Now is that a word or not?  Idiot SpellCheck disapproves and gives me "rector," "hector," "vector" and more, none of which bear any relationship to somebody who reads the gospel in church--at a lectern.  

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Tell spellcheck to reference --- Onedictionary.com-- it's there.

Mimi said...

But why not just have it available? But thanks for the tip.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...