Monday, September 15, 2014

"Missedday"

Yester could have been called "missedday," considering the number of missteps and mishaps...
First Miss: The couple interested in the maple table came at 10:00, but decided not to take it.  (Actually, that wasn't such a bad thing, as I can still use it in the guest room until my departure.)
Second Miss: Director Stacey sent a rehearsal schedule for S. of M. which included an very unpleasant surprise: Our Gang extracts a "registration fee" of sixty bucks for appearing in one of its productions!  I'll be damned if I'll pay that just to part of the wallpaper in one scene!  I didn't want to be in it in that capacity, anyway, and I sent Aline a message that I would withdraw.  She wrote back saying she'd like to pay it for me. I certainly will not allow that and this puts me in a position of either having to do something I do not want to do, or being the bad guy responsible for disappointing my friend, as she probably can't get there otherwise.
Third Miss: Puttered around until time for the Pool Closing Party. By the time I got there a bit after 4:00 (don't know why it was called for so early), all the outside tables were filled. That left the the ballroom, which is being repainted and was festooned with ladders, cans, and drop clothes.  Sat with neighbors Bob and Cookie, and two other couples I know slightly.  I had a mildly nice time and the buffet (catered) was pretty good.  I had been looking forward to the sangria, but it ran out and I had only half a glass. It was over by 6:30 and I walked home. Changed into my bedclothes and Skyped Ellen.
Fourth Miss:  E. hadn't mentioned my birthday gift and when I asked her about it, said she hadn't gotten it.  She'll check her e-mail again (it was a gift card from Amazon).  I checked, too, and saw it had been sent; she must have accidentally deleted it, so she didn't get it for her birthday.  Greg came in during our call and I enjoyed talking to him.
Fifth Miss: About 7:45, the phone rang.  It was Mary H., asking if I was coming to the LETCO board meeting, going on then. What? I looked up her e-mail, which said it was on the twenty-first.  Damn and double damn!  I could easily have gone right from the party and had been looking forward to this.  Mary apologized for the wrong date and asked if I'd send Desi info on old radio shows I'd found, which I did.
Went to bed in a gloomy, everything-happens-to-me mood.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...