Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter

Hey, it was a nice Easter.  Arrived up north about 2:30 and my friend and I took a walk, then she, her guy, and Mimi drove the 45 minutes or so to Rancocas.
D. and B. L. have lived in their house for 45 years--since they were married--and it's one of those oddly chopped-up two stories that look something like a one story.  Lots of stuff here and there and a beautifully restored grand piano in the living room.  Attending, besides the host and hostess and the three of us, were their daughter, her husband (my son-in-law's son) and their two children, 11 and 9; also, their son and his lady friend, plus her twenty-year-old son.  Yes, a lot of guys.
It was quite a spread: a big ham and a turkey, roasted and sweet potatoes, white rolls and cornbread, beets, peas and carrots, and a multitude of sides.  I brought my crystal pickles, which always make a hit and yesterday was no exception.  The L.'s don't serve alcohol, but boy, do they serve dessert.  There was a peanut butter pie--not one of my favorites--a "blueberryish" concoction, which I tried, and it was peculiar--and two kinds of ice cream, along with chocolate and butterscotch syrup.
B. got a kick out of the walking, singing, lighting-up chicken I brought her and I was given two pots of narcissus (tiny daffodils)--one from my friend--and a container of mums.  We took a neat picture on the front porch of the whole group, then a gag one, with all of us with our backs turned.  Got home a bit after 9:00...
I was just interrupted by a delightful Google + call (Skype seemed to be in a mood) Singapore from Mike and the two precious little girls in Singapore.  Paula is travelling in Indonesia and Vickie, the nanny, has been called home to the Philippines due to a family emergency, so Mike has charge of them until tomorrow--gee, what a burden, I hope he can bear up.  He told 9-year-old Vivian to put Violet, 5, to bed and she did, like a good little substitute Mommy. So sweet and they're such beautiful, bright, and creative little girls.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...