Thursday, April 17, 2014

Accomplishments And Chickens

Wowee, I got a lot accomplished yesterday.  Went through the folders on my desk, weeded out paperwork, and re-organized.  Did the same with this year's receipts, assembling them into proper categories, and placing in large envelopes which I then put in the large rattan boxes in the study.  
Oh, that sounds simple and easy enough, a matter of mere minutes, right?  Ha!   It took me all morning and I still have plenty to do.  In between, I cut up several pounds of broccoli and put it to simmering in the slow cooker, along with canola oil, garlic, and seasonings.
I had a yen for chicken, so went to Acme, looking for leg quarters.  They had none, just breasts, so I drove up to Shop-Rite.  It was a madhouse, so crowded I could barely make it to the meat department, but I got the chicken, and escaped with my life.
That was the real chicken.  Stopped at K-Mart and bought--is my head on straight?--a fluffy pretend one that sings "Easter Parade," moves its head, and walks.  Rather than bring the lady who's having us for dinner on Sunday, mundane daffodils or tulips--she's pretty hefty and I wanted to spare her from having to plant them or feeling guilty if she didn't--I thought this would be fun. The kids will like it, too.  Hey, I like it.  
Put the chicken--not the fluffy one--in the oven to roast as soon as I got home, firmed up plans with Susan and Barbara for today's van tour, and called Linda K., at Rider, to ask about the info on life insurance I received in the mail.  I had forgotten, but she reminded me that, as a retiree, I'm insured for five thou.  I wrote my four children about it and now, I guess, will have to watch my back.


 

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...