Thursday, April 10, 2014

Trenton Thunder Game

Dropped my car at Parkertown Auto at 8:00 and Susan picked me up and took me home.  They hadn't finished it until almost lunchtime, but luckily, it was a minor problem and the cost was only $139.
Tried--not too successfully--to pull a few loose ends together, then showered, changed, and packed (I wasn't sure if I'd stay over up north), and drove up to my friend's.
We met her husband in Ewing for dinner, then went to the Trenton Thunder baseball game, where their granddaughter and her school choir were slated to sing after the seventh inning.
Seventh inning of nine?  It seemed we sat through at least twenty of this interminable game, in which I had not even a passing interest. (The Trenton Thunder played the Portland (ME) Seadogs and were losing 9 to 0 when we finally left after the seventh.)
Even so, it was fun.  Our former neighbor on Lower Ferry, Paula Seavy O'B., was working at a hot dog stand, and we chatted with her.  Sent Marilyn M. several messages, but she didn't respond and I assume she wasn't there.
Didn't get out until 10 and then had to pick up one of the couple's cars, which they had left in Ewing to avoid paying to park two.  Drove back to their place and I decided not to stay over.  Guess I'm getting to be a fogy, as I much prefer my own comfy bed.
On the way home, I was pulled over by a very courteous copper and told my right headlight is out.  Damn, just another thing to have to take care of.
I had told Susan I could stay over up north and, although I didn't, I slept in and didn't walk, so shoot me.

1 comment:

Jim Wetzel said...

Good luck. I visited my daughter last week and discovered that her left-hand headlamp wasn't working. Went to the auto-parts store and came away with a set of replacement lamps ... for just under $60. Making me feel like an old man, for sure. They didn't use to cost that much!

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...