Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Slow-Pokey And The God King

Somewhat of a slow-pokey day.  I'm not sure why, but I didn't feel tiptop--very vague; seemed to have sort of a mild tummy ache, combined with ennui, which overcomes me once in a while.  Lolled around a lot and again, had problems with the graphics on this machine.  However, I fixed them.
I did have two pleasant experiences.  For one, I perked up later in the day and sought out Kelly, the branch manager of Little Egg Library to tell her about the NJ Maritime Museum and she's interested in having the owner, Deb, give a presentation.  Another librarian, Arlene, with whom I chatted, said she thought Deb had won a lot of money in the lottery. Interesting.
The second: I called "Fran," about getting a space for a community-wide flea market on May 10, which is only five bucks. I found that she lives in Mystic Shores and knows Aline.  We had a nice chat and I'm looking forward to meeting her for real.
Judy K. called to say this month's Dine Around theme is the Titanic. She asked me to wear something in keeping and you know, I think I'll haul out my mourning costume, gussie it up a little, and go as one of the--well, survivor or not?  We'll see.  
Just saw new pics and video of my younger grandson, now seven months old. Such fun to see how he's learning and growing--and what a good-natured baby he is!  Love to (at least) be able to see him electronically.  Come to think of it, I haven't seen my other grandson and his gang for some time.  Happily, we'll be visiting them next month.
WIDER:  From Chris Floyd's "Empire Burlesque" at
http://www.chris-floyd.com/:
"Meanwhile, the beat goes on. On Monday, the Peace Prize Laureate launched his third drone strike in Yemen in as many days. (It is of course superfluous to point out that the United States is not at war with Yemen.) The latest strike followed one on Easter Sunday, when Barack Obama celebrated the Resurrection of his Lord and Saviour by killing 30 people in Yemen, by the usual courageous method of having an underling in a padded chair somewhere thousands of miles away courageously push a button while courageously viewing a video screen."
And from your humble correspondent, Mimi:
I know so many who worship at the shrine of Obama.  Nothing--nothing!--he could ever do will make them pull off the blinders.  He can kill around the globe, here, there, and everywhere, without needing stated evidence, indictments, trials, a chance for the targeted to defend themselves--without anything but his sole discretion, and he can never, ever be held to account. We'd better get used to it: He's the God King.  

1 comment:

Jim Wetzel said...

Yes, our football-fan mentality ("hit the guys wearing the other-color shirts!") continues to serve us poorly. The donkey partisans' worship of O'Bomber regardless of his bloodthirstiness and Nixonian security mania is just the mirror reflection of the "values voters" and limited-government fans from the elephant caucus, swooning over G. Dumbya as he multiplied the reach and malevolence of Washington, while spending hundred-dollar bills by the cubic mile. I don't think it will ever change.

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...