Friday, April 11, 2014

Fairy Tales

Finally bestirred myself enough to assemble income tax info--more or less--and will get it done, I hope, on Monday.
Stopped at Parkertown Auto to get my headlight changed--that's two days in a row at Parkertown Auto--and when George looked under the hood, he discovered that, in addition, a hose was split.  Had to wait about an hour, but had my Tablet with me and entertained myself by reading a charming compendium of Japanese fairy tales that, happily, is on the device. They were so imaginative and entertaining; the villain in one was a giant centipede--ugh!--in another, there was a "tongue-cut sparrow" and the mean old lady who had done the deed, and there were warriors, kindly farmers, beautiful brides, and so on.  I found it interesting that, although the characters were different, the same themes of love, fear, and reconciliation prevailed, as they do in the familiar western stories.
Paid the car repair bill (only $32) and continued on up to Manahawkin to buy a few items.  Got home and did some household chores and computer stuff.  Aline called to say she was traveling up to Westchester today, as he sister-in-law had received some bad medical news.  In fact, I didn't want to emphasize it, but it's very bad, I'm afraid.
Bob S. is coming this morning to blow out my sprinklers (I always think that sounds obscene or, at least, provocative) and a nurse from Amerihealth will be here at noon for some reason or other.  

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...