Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Lunch And BAM

After a two-day hiatus, I walked with Susan--chilly, but not windy. Called for my mammogram prescription (the hip call it a "script," but damn, I've been given plenty of scripts and they're for getting you on stage, not medical nonsense) and picked it up in the afternoon.
A pleasanter pickup: Aline, at 1:00, and we went over to Fran Z.'s, who lives near her, so I could give her my five bucks for the flea market space.  She invited us in and the three of us chatted away. I like her a lot and suspect she'll be a new friend.
I had a coupon ($3 off for two lunches) for Longhorn, so suggested we go there.  Neither of us had been and it proved to be a good find.  Not too expensive, either.  We then went to BAM! ("Books A Million" and don't ask me what the exclamation point is for), and were there browsing for about two hours.
I confess I got antsy--I have a low tolerance for boredom--and I find Aline exceedingly slow in every way except mentally.  But she's a dear friend and boon companion, so I hid my impatience, as I always try to do with her.
By the time we left, it was after 4:00 and I had promised we'd go to the library when we got back to Little Egg.  We did after I picked up my Rx.  My friend, Pat, had recommended The Book Thief, and I put it on reserve.  Aline went on the computer, and we both browsed a bit.
Dropped her off about 6:00 after we made a date to go today (Wednesday) back to the Maritime Museum, as I want to buy Inferno At Sea from the co-author and owner of the museum.
Later: I looked on the site and found it isn't open today.  I'll call Aline and suggest we go instead to the Noyes Museum in Galloway, where she's never been.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...