Saturday, April 12, 2014

Sprinkler and Disney

Spring's arrival is sometimes depicted as the appearance of a lovely maiden, but not by me.  I see it in the form of short and tubby Bob S., who came yesterday morning and turned on my sprinklers, as he does every year.
Jo G. called to ask what exterminator I had used for termites, as she has noticed some at her house.  I couldn't find the information until it occurred to me it was in my safety deposit box and I went to the bank, got it, and brought it over to Jo.
The nurse practitioner from AtlantiHealth (actually a free-lance) came and it proved to be an agreeable experience.  After getting past the superficial "examination," we had a great time talking.  It seems his son lives in my soon-to-be-adopted state and is a "Disney historian."
What in the world?  Well, he's written a book related to that cultural horror, It's Kind of a Cute Story, which is an "as told to" Jeff Heinbuck, "by" Rolly Crump, a theme park "imagineer."  I looked it up and it seems pretty interesting; think I'll have it sent to my Tablet or, alternately, request it from the library.  Of course, the guy doesn't just write books; his Dad told me he has something to do with social media, vitamins, and/or stem cell research, I don't recall just what he said.
Drove over after lunch to the Shop-Rite in Galloway, got Easter decorations out of the garage, and tidied up here and there.  Other than that, just puttered and enjoyed the wonderfully balmy weather.  

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...