Monday, April 07, 2014

End Of The Run

                                          *I*T*'S   *O*V*E*R* !
And it was probably the best of the four.  I think my performance was smoother than my other three and so were those of my colleagues.  We had. by far, the largest audience of this run, and the dynamic between the players and the played-to should never be overlooked.  Among my friends, the Sunday matinee brought out Susan and Walter, Barbara and Ray, Julie and Gary, Nick and Lucille (she in a walker), Pat L.,and Regina B., and remarkably, Rachel K. and her husband and daughter, plus Bernice I., there all the way from Egg Harbor and Margate.  In addition,  Betty and five of her buddies--long-suffering ladies--attended; the same group, plus Muckie, had come to Arsenic last year, and I appreciate their interest.
I invited Aline and Ellen V. to join the aforementioned (I can't seem to avoid the use of archaic English usage!), so there were eight of us at dinner at Buckalew's and we had a fine time.  After, I suggested to Aline that we drive down to Holgate to see the water.  We did, and it was as magnificent and soothing to the soul as ever. Dropped her off after making a tentative date for Wednesday (but when I got home, I saw I already have plans for that day; must call and reschedule).
Ellen called--remarkably to this Luddite--from her car, sans hands, while stuck in traffic coming back from Santa Barbara, and we had a good talk.  Popcorn and iced tea later, bed by 9:30, and soon Susan and I will go for our walk, so life is back to normal, whether I want it to be or not.
For me, there's always plenty of regret when we end a run, although in this case, there's a fair amount of relief, too.  There were some costume issues, the long wait (about an hour and a half) between acts one and four when I appear seemed interminable*, and the almost 50 mile round-trip drive to Long Beach Island is nothing but a drag.  However, for better or worse, it's over and now I'm going to attend to all the everyday minutiae I've been neglecting for so long.
*Thank Zeus for my Tablet!  No only did I spend my time in the dressing room playing games on it, but I read the whole of The Call of The Wild and actually enjoyed it.        

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...