Friday, April 04, 2014

Opening Night!

Went to Manahawkin early and got two button-front blouses because I don't want to try to get a top on and off over the wig I have to wear.  I always wear a camisole and half-slip when I'm in a play, too, as actors--including yours truly--are often careless about closing dressing room doors.
Amy came again to affix my wig and, this time, it was much more comfortable and more natural looking, too.  Picked up Aline at the Stafford Library at 5:00 and off we went. Helped Aline put up the head shots in the lobby, then went backstage and Shannon, the makeup lady, did my face.  I dressed, took a deep breath and stood ready in the wings waiting for opening night--showtime!   
It went well, aside from one or two little blips. Of course, since the audience didn't notice, they didn't matter, anyway.  One was a few minutes in, when "George" (Tony) and "Aunt Julia" (that's me, folks) are talking.  Somehow, either he or I skipped over a line and we found ourselves further along than we should have been; had to back-track, but we did it smoothly and it wasn't noticeable to the audience.  Later, I heard from "Thea" (Kathy) that something similar happened when she was on with "Judge Brack" (Neil), but they covered okay, too.
After our curtain calls, as had been planned, we sat on the stage and answered questions from the audience.  They had some good ones and it was so enjoyable to listen, respond, and discuss the play, Ibsen, and general theatre topics.
Very late night, of course: It was well after eleven when I dropped Aline off, and almost one by the time I got to bed.  Slept until 9:20, which boggles my mind.
Betty just called to say she and her group (a total of eight) will have dinner after the matinee.  I said I'd join them (Aline, too, of course), so that should be fun.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...