Friday, March 15, 2013

This And That

Just various this and that.  Talked to Betty.  I'll attend the FELS (readers' theatre) group in Margate this afternoon, then stop at her place, as brother Larry from Florida is coming north.  Neither of us could remember if he'd be in today or tomorrow.
Barb H. asked if I wanted to go on a van tour on May 30 and I signed up for it.  She asked Susan, too.  These trips are fun--this one is on "The Patterned Brick Buildings of Salem County."  It seems that in the late 17th and early 18th century, brick was used to numerals, initials, and more intricate patterns on houses.  Should be interesting and I can't even remember ever being up in Salem County. The van holds only 14 people and the annoying thing is, you have to sign up so far ahead of time, otherwise, you'll be out of luck.
My niece-in-law, Robyn, sent me the play by her friend, Tom, which she had mentioned some time ago.  It's 94 pages long and I haven't had a chance to read it yet.  Printed it out and will take with me to the FELS group today.  I'll see if it can get a reading either there or at Players And Playwrights.  Read the first few pages and it looks pretty funny.
High point of the day was meeting a certain someone for late lunch/early dinner (3:15) at good ol' Dynasty Diner.  Along with pea soup, we had a good time together.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...